The Trial Balance Report is a list of ledger balances created on a certain point in time.
To create a report, go to Reports in the top Menu bar, then select Trial Balances Report. You can now create a Simple or Detailed Report and choose to Save the report if required. Due to the nature of this report it cannot be created retrospectively.
Simple Report - Summary Page
The Summary Page is split into three sections:
The first section is the 'Cash Book Balance', this is the total amount of money that Jupix knows is 'allocated' to things. It is made up of all receipts (that have been reconciled) less all payments i.e. It looks at all of the charges, rents, etc. in the system and adds up the cash that is allocated against them.
Cash Book Balance Sections
The Cash Book Balance is broken down into several sections:
- Landlord Ledger: This is the sum total of the balances of all Landlord Ledgers in the system.
- Supplier Ledger: This is the sum total of the balances of all Supplier Ledgers in the system
- Landlord Cash: The total of all 'unallocated' landlord cash. i.e. Cash that is on the landlord ledger that has not been allocated to any charges.
- Landlord Rent Not Paid: The total of all tenant money, currently allocated to Rent that has not been processed on a statement. This is the figure you would get if you opened the Generate Landlord Statements screen and summed the Rent Received column, as well as anything currently in Pay Landlords.
- Landlord Expenses Not Paid: The total of all tenant money, currently allocated to an 'Expense Payable to Landlord'.
- Supplier Cash: The total of all money (tenant & landlord), currently allocated to an 'Expense Payable to Supplier'. This will be the same as opening the 'Pay Suppliers' screen and summing the 'Total Amount' column.
- Deposits Held: The total of all money, currently allocated to a deposit. This includes complete deposits, sitting in an agency deposit account, as well as part/fully received deposits still sitting in the client account awaiting transfer (i.e. Tenant money, allocated to Deposit). It does not include any money held by the DPS.
- Tenant Cash: The total of all 'unallocated' tenant cash. i.e. Cash that is on the tenant ledger that has not been allocated to any charges.
- Withheld Tax Cash: The total of all money held as withheld tax. Provided the tax payments are up to date, this is sum of all items in the 'Pay overseas tax' screen. (The screen won't show you this quarter's withheld tax, if the last quarter's payment has not yet been processed)
- Suspense Account Cash: The total of all money held in the 'suspense' accounts. e.g. Money that is 'knowingly' not allocated to any particular person in the system.
- Total Agency Fees: The total of all money allocated to Agency Fees. This is the sum of all items in the 'Pay Agency' screen
The second section is 'Reconciled Balances'. This takes the current figure that each bank account has been reconciled to (i.e. the balance at the bottom of the reconcile screen), along with the sum total of all 'payments out' that are still on the reconcile screen.
These unreconciled payments out are not included in the cash-book balance. The third section compares the two values. The Cash Book Balance + Uncleared Payments + Uncleared Cheques should equal the current Reconciled Balance. If it doesn't, any difference will be shown in Red, and will need to be investigated by Support.
The detailed report, is made up of the Summary Page as detailed above and includes a more Detailed Breakdown of each section. The detailed breakdown will show the current ledger balance, as well as any 'unallocated' cash held for that person (or unpaid cash in the case of suppliers).
- Landlord Ledger Balances
- This shows the current landlord ledger balance.
- Landlord Rent Not Paid
- This shows rent due to the landlord, where a statement is waiting to be generated.
- Landlord Expense Not Paid
- This shows any tenant money, currently allocated to an 'Expense Payable to Landlord'.
- Tenant Ledger Balances
- This shows the current tenant ledger balance.
- Tenant Withheld Balances
- This shows any money withheld on a tenant ledger.
- Supplier Ledger
- This show the current supplier ledger balance
- Deposit Balances
- This shows money currently allocated to a deposit. This includes complete deposits, sitting in an agency deposit account, as well as part/fully received deposits still sitting in the client account awaiting transfer (i.e. Tenant money, allocated to Deposit). It does not include any money held by the DPS.
Overseas Landlord Tax Withheld Balances
- Overseas Tax Withheld
- This shows the Overseas Tax amounts withheld on a landlord ledger
Suspense Account Balances
- Suspense Balances
- This shows money held in the suspense accounts by transaction
- Client Account
- This shows all unreconciled receipts / payments
- Deposit Account
- This show all unreconciled transfers
However, the detailed breakdown only shows 'unallocated' cash for tenants & landlords. Any money that is currently allocated to rent, deposits, charges, etc. will not show up as 'cash' in the detailed breakdown.