Depending on your permissions, within the Special Actions menu for Applicants, Contacts, Potential Vendors, Vendors, Potential Landlords and Landlords, is a button titled Delete Contact. This is used to delete all profiles for an individual.
- Within Special Actions, click Delete Contact, and the deletion rules that have been turned on in your System Configuration will be checked
- A Profile Summary will display for the individual that you are attempting to delete and you will be prompted with the following: You are about to delete all personally identifiable information held for this contact. Please ensure that all outstanding tasks/interactions with this person have been completed before continuing with the deletion process
If the contact can be deleted, you will be asked to confirm that you wish to delete this contact by entering the Deletion Code provided
- Click Confirm Delete
- The record will be deleted and you will be returned to the Home screen
If the contact fails this rule, you will receive a notification advising you which of the rules are preventing the contact from being deleted, and the Confirm Delete option will be disabled.
Active Record checks
A number of checks are made before a record can be deleted to ensure that it is no longer active. This is so that, for example, you are not left with entries on your dashboard that you are no longer able to clear.
- There should be no Appraisals Pending or Carried Out - Pending Follow Up
- Vendors can’t have a Property Instructed On/Off Market or Completed - On Market
- Landlords can’t have a Property Instructed On/Off Market or Let - On Market
- There should be no Sent Details not Followed Up for Matches
- There should be no Pending Viewings or Viewings Requiring Follow Up
- There should be no Pending Offers
- There should be no Current or Exchanged Sales
- There should be no Applications with an Offer Pending or References Pending
- Tenancies must be Withdrawn, Terminated or Finished
- A person can’t be deleted if linked to an open Maintenance job, it must be Cancelled or Invoice Paid
- Leases should be Declined, Terminated or Expired
- Solicitors can’t be deleted if linked to an Active Sale
- To Do's must be Completed
If a record can’t be deleted because it failed any of the active record checks, you can review the details for that person, and complete any outstanding tasks.
You should then be able to delete the record, subject to any the other rules passing, where turned on. If you are unable to delete a record you will still have the option to archive it.