This guide shows how to add to your list of pre-prepared postal messages that you can select from when sending bulk correspondence, eg. if warning your owners of vacant properties to be aware of frost precautions during the winter months?
Each template you create can be easily amended later should you need to correct/update it.
In order to be able to create a new ad hoc post template within Jupix then you will need to have already created your required letter in advance using Microsoft Word and Save as type: Word 2003 XML Document (*.xml)
You will also need to have access to the System Configuration page found under the Admin tab of Jupix. If you do not have this permission then you will need to contact the member of staff in your organisation that acts as your system administrator as they will be able to create the required template or enable permission on your account to enable you to create it.
- Select Admin from the main homebar
- Click System Configuration on the dropdown
- Click Edit next to Adhoc Post Templates
- Click Upload New
- Click Browse
- Find where you have stored your .xml file on your computer and click to highlight it
- Click Open
- Type an appropriate Template Name to help everybody to identify this template in future
- Tick the box if you wish your letter to be Printed on Headed Paper
- Select which departments should use this template using the tick boxes
- Click Save
Your new template can now be used from either the Send Ad-hoc Mailout or Batch Action buttons.
Only basic tags are available for adhoc templates, for example:
For a full list of merge codes, click here
NB. Merge codes need to be typed into the template and NOT copied and pasted.
We would always recommend creating a test letter first before emailing out to a large group