If you have reconciled on Jupix and are now out of balance, you must first establish when you last balanced and then check all transactions from this point, right up to when you went out of balance. Once you've done this, you can establish how much the reconciliation is out by.
This article includes:
- The bank account balance is higher than Jupix
- The balance on Jupix is higher than the bank account
- Establishing what is causing the difference
If this is the case, look for a receipt in the bank that hasn't been posted to Jupix, or a payment from Jupix that has been reconciled, but hasn't appeared on the bank statement.
In this scenario, you'll need to look for either a receipt that has been reconciled onto Jupix but hasn't appeared on the bank statement, or a payment from the bank that doesn't show in Jupix.
To find out where the difference has occurred, you'll need to undertake the following steps:
- Print a copy of your bank statement from the point you last balanced
- Click the Residential Lettings department tab
- On My Dashboard, scroll down to Accounts. Click History next to the correct account
- In Statement Date From, select the date from which you last reconciled
- In Statement Date To, select today's date
- Click Print or Export (to export to .csv)
- Tick off all of the entries on the bank statement against the corresponding items on the Jupix reconciliation history
You'll need to ensure that all items are for exactly the same amount
Once you have identified where the difference has occurred, you can correct it accordingly.