The steps below outline how to adhere to the CAP regulations and Tenant Fees Act, to display letting fees on portals, websites and documentation.
In order to set up the letting fee policy:
- You must have the Lettings Configuration user permission enabled on your user account
For more information on Managing user permissions, click here
- You will need access to Admin. Your appointed office Admin will have access to these permissions
- Click Admin on the main homebar
- In the dropdown menu, click Lettings Configuration
- In the Letting Fee Policies section, click Edit
- Click Edit to amend an existing policy. Alternatively, click New Policy
- Complete all the Letting Fee Policy details
Add the name of the policy in the Policy Name field. This is what your users will see when selecting the relevant policy
- Tick Default Policy if this is to be the default policy
- Type in any Headline Text. This is what you want the public to see as the main lead in wording
- Type in the Full Details Text. This is where you add the full policy details
- Click Save
Below is an example letting fee policy.