Jupix will calculate deposits based on default criteria set for the Deposit Calculator through Lettings Configuration. This can be set to weeks or months and can be manually overridden on an application and tenancy, if required.
Warning messages can also be turned on or off from the same section of Lettings Configuration.
In order to access this:
- You must have the Lettings Configuration user permission enabled on your user account
For more information on Managing user permissions, click here
- You will need access to Admin. Your appointed office Admin will have access to these permissions
- Click Admin on the main homebar
- In the dropdown menu, click Lettings Configuration
- In the Lettings Settings section, click Edit
- Scroll down to Lettings Management Settings. Set the Deposit Multiplier and Deposit Multiplier Type
- Tick or untick Deposit Amount Warnings
- Click Save
Below is an example using the Deposit Calculator. If a rent amount for a property is £1,200.00 pcm, and 5 Weeks deposit is required, this would work out at £1,384.61.